Marriage License Location

    Broward County, Main Office:

    County Clerk's Office
    201 SE 6th Street, Room 270
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl. 33301
    954-831-7283 ext 7842

    Other Locations where you may obtain your license:
    Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM except Rick Case Honda whose hours are 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
    West Satellite Courthouse, 100 N Pine Island Rd -Rm 180, Plantation, Fl.
    One Stop Division, Rick Case Honda, 15700 Rick Case Honda Way, Davie, Fl.
    North Satellite Courthouse, 1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd - Rm 160- Deerfield Beach, Fl
    South Satellite Courthouse, 3550 Hollywood Blvd - Rm 160 - Hollywood, Fl

    License Requirements

    Legal Age: 18
    Blood Test: none
    Other tests required: none
    Residency requirements: none
    Fee: $93.50 Cash or Money Order. $61.00 with Premarital course certificate.
    ID requirement: Valid photo ID and Social Security. (Birth certificate if under age)
    Who must be present to apply: Both Bride and Groom
    Who must sign: Both Bride and Groom
    Waiting Period: 3 days for all Florida residents, none for non-resident
    Valid for 60 days
    Valid within the state of Florida
    If previously married know the dates of divorce or death. No documents required.

    Additional questions? VisitThe Broward Clerks Office

Simple Weddings
Wedding Officiants of South Florida
Fort Lauderdale
Tele 954-254-6216...Fax 1-866-432-0262
Being a Wedding Officiant is a full time profession for me and one that I enjoy very much. I receive an abundance of thank
you notes, cards and letters from the couples for whom I perform ceremonies. I pride myself on being easy to work with and
understanding and I take great pride in making certain that I do my best to make your ceremony special for you and for
I invite you to visit my Wedding store. It has lots of really nice things for your wedding and for your
Click here
This web site has been developed by Donna Toot Merritt for "SimpleWeddings.US"
It is operated as a Yahoo site.
Contact me at 954-254-6216 or email me at
You thoughts and comments will be appreciated.
Thanks for visiting.
Changing Your Name
If you are changing your name you should contact the following agencies:

Driver's License:
Contact your local DMV. Inform them you have changed your name and need the records to reflect the

Social Security: Call 1-800-772-1213, or visit for information.

Federal Income Taxes: Fill out your tax return using your new name. Social security should forward the information  you filed
with them regarding your name change to the IRS, so confirm the IRS received the information.

State Taxes (if applicable) Contact your local tax office, inform them of your old name, new name and social security number.

Passport: Visit for more information.

Also contact companies related to:
bank accounts, investments,credit cards,insurance,legal documents,other bills and any other place your name is
I hope this answers the question. You will also, of course, notify your employer so that your W2's will be correct
when they go to the IRS.
Visit my blog and blog along with me.
Blog about Weddings
Telephone 321-637-2006 Brevard County
Another way to obtain your license by mail. In Brevard County, which is the county where
the Space Center is located, you may obtain your license directly by mail.
They have a website